Business & Commercial Insurance
Business & Commercial Insurance Information
Insurance for Florida Businesses
Florida is a state bursting with opportunity. With entertainment, food and residential opportunities, businesses flock to Florida to make money. In fact, there are already about 2.5 million small businesses in Florida. If you’re thinking of starting a business, it’s critical to purchase commercial insurance. Express Insurance
connects clients with affordable commercial insurance policies with the right amount of coverage for their unique business needs. We understand the ups and downs of starting a business in Florida and can help guide you to the perfect coverage.
Do I Need Commercial Insurance in Florida?
Florida requires all businesses to carry some amount of commercial insurance, including:
- Workers Compensation: Most businesses across the U.S. are required to carry workers compensation. Workers compensation is an insurance that provides compensation for employees who are injured on the job. It is a no-fault insurance, meaning coverage doesn’t rely on who caused the accident. There are exceptions, however, such as injuries obtained from a fight the employee started or intentional injuries.
- Commercial Auto Insurance: In Florida, any business that uses cars for work purposes require commercial auto insurance. This insurance provides car insurance specifically for work vehicles including comprehensive, collision, uninsured/underinsured motorist, liability and personal injury protection. Personal auto insurance typically won’t cover vehicles that are being used for work purposes, so commercial auto insurance is important for businesses that require travel.
- General Liability: General liability protects the business if a guest is injured or their property is damaged due to business practices. This is not the same as professional liability, which concerns the financial loss of a client.
What Affects the Cost of Commercial Insurance?
Commercial insurance is influenced by many factors such as:
- Size of the company
- Number of vehicles
- Type and amount of coverage
- Credit history of the company
- Claims history of the company
Get a Quote Today
agents are ready to find you the best price for commercial insurance for your business. Protect your investment today and call us at (954) 943-7900
or fill out an online quote form.
Business & Commercial Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Business & Commercial Insurance Customer Service Options
Self policy service any time of the day, directly from our website. To request a policy change on your account, click any of the following policy service options below.